Home Data Prep Q&A

Paxata Community Members: Something special in a community experience is coming your way. Stay tuned to this space.
In the meantime, check out the brand new Data Prep for Data Science topic here and the new DataRobot Community.

Visit the official Paxata Documentation portal for all of your doc needs.

Shape Tool, how to make other columns available after using the Shape Tool for other step in Project

I am unclear how one steps controls the next steps.  I have a project to do data validation on many fields. I am using a Shape Tool on one field to do a group by to determine if the field values are unique.  I would like to do another Shape Tool in another step on a different column.  How can i get all the columns back in view without creating a project for each field?  Is the Shape tool the only tool that does this or do others as well?

Best Answer

Answers

• AkshayAkshay Posts: 106 admin
    Hello CFresh,

You could do this by doing a "self join", prior to using the shaping operation to do a group by - store the view of the dataset using the lens feature in the product. Publish this lens and then do a lookup/join to bring this lens back to merge with the shaped data before performing the second shaping operation on another column.

I hope this helps,
    Akshay
  • Thanks Julie,
    That certainly gives me a lot to try, appreciate it!