Home Data Prep Q&A

Big News: we’ve moved to the DataRobot Community! Please keep your eye out for an email invitation to join us there. Refer to the We've Moved FAQ for a guide on how to use your existing Paxata Community account to login to our new home.

Visit the official Paxata Documentation portal for all of your doc needs.

Translate two boolean column results into new Text field

Hi, I have two columns, both boolean results that display true, false, or are both blank. I need to translate the resulting 5 combinations into a new column. I tried If statements but they don't seem to work with boolean.  Any suggests? 
There are five combinations, each with new description in the new calculated column - both True, True-False, False True, both False, and both blank. I did find a number of answers relating to syntax here and did try them all but I think it's because the fields are boolean. I did also check the Paxata Documentation but it was not helpful.  
Any assistance, references, or help is much appreciated. 

Answers

• AkshayAkshay Posts: 111 admin
    Hello Marrkr,

is there a possibility of the the value being true -blank, blank-true, false-blank or blank-false?

Can you please post the syntax of the compute function that you are using along with a snapshot of the dataset from Paxata so that we can assist you further?

Thank you and Best Regards,
    Akshay

• Hi, I think iI figured out a way around. I computed each of the boolean columns with True, false, or null values into text then I can do follow up work with the new text fields.  Thanks for your quick response.